I was recently nominated by the lovely Lacy at Rock Paper Spirit for The Sunshine Blogger Award, which aims to highlight bloggers who are inspiring, positive, and creative. I’m so thrilled to be nominated as I love reading these kinds of posts as you get to learn more about the person behind the blog!
RULES OF THE SUNSHINE BLOGGER AWARD:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you for the blog post and add their link to your post.
- Answer the 11 questions which your nominator asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new bloggers for the award and write them 11 new questions.
- Let your nominees know that they have been nominated.
- List the rules and add the Sunshine Blogger Award in your post.
I would like to nominate the following bloggers. Some of these are my absolute favourites who I have been following for a long time now, others are new discoveries. All of the bloggers listed below write great content that really is worth checking out! Please do leave a comment or pop me a message to let me know when your own posts are up!
1. Emily | Drained Beauty
2. Amy | Amy Elizabeth Blog
3. Char | LunarChar
4. Ellie | The Diary Of Ellie
5. Sharna | Lxpidolite
6. Chloe | I’m Just A Girl
7. Gemma | An Ocean Glimmer
8. Abbie | AbbieNicolex
9. Hannah | Hannah’s Life Diaries
10. Bryony | Bryony Baker
11. Jade | Jade Marie
These are the questions I was asked by Lacey, and of course, my responses.
What made you start blogging?
I actually started blogging on a bit of a whim. I loved to write (and still do obviously) and in my final year of University I began to write notes on topics that distrcted me from my academic work. It was nice to sit and concentrate on something that I was passionate about, and that is sort of how this started! About 6-9 months later, I committed to weekly blogging and began properly sharing and promoting my posts instead of just writing into the abyss!
What was your first blog post about?
From memory, I think it was a post with the general theme of “it’s okay to be a bit weird”. I was talking a lot about how it’s okay not to fit in and be like everything else. We should all be proud of who we are, quirks and all.
What’s your favourite biscuit/cookie?
At the moment, I am loving dark chocolate Roundies. I think they are a new product, but I love them!
Who would be your dream interview subject?
Gosh, there are so many! I think David Attenborough or Brian Cox would be absolutely fascinating. But I’d also love to speak with Louise Pentland or Melanie Murphy just because I think we would get on really well!
Who would play you in the movie of your life?
I have no idea! I’d love for it to be someone like Emma Stone, or Mila Kunis, clearly not based on looks but I just love a lot of their movies!
If you could visit any country, which one would it be and why?
Despite the spiders, Australia is pretty high up on my wishlist at the moment. Iceland comes a close second though because I’d love to see the Northern Lights (very cliché)
The world is ending and you can only write one more blog post. What is it about?
I think if I knew the world was going to end, I’d write about everything and everyone I am thankful for. If I was writing as it was happening and it wasn’t expected, it’d probably be a sort of live-blog panic!
What tips do you have for me on how to improve my blog?
Honestly, I am in no position to criticise! As long as you are writing about things you love and are passionate about, I don’t think you can go wrong.
Who would be your dream brand to work with and why?
Very stereotypical but I would love to work with Lush, or my favourite stationery company Ohh Dear. I’d also love to work with Simple Skincare just so I can personally thank them for making huge improvements to my skin!
Which is better: having a niche or having no niche?
I personally prefer not having a niche, as I can choose exactly what I want to write about without being restricted. That being said, I do read some niche blogs and I do like the consistency of their posts!
My Questions For The Nominees
I actually really struggled to think of some fairly interesting and original questions, so I hope these aren’t too boring for you all!
1. Which is your favourite blog post of yours and why?
2. Tell me about your best or favourite holiday
3. What is one thing that keeps your spirits up on a bad day?
4. What is your blogging schedule and what are your tips for keeping on track?
5. What is one thing you would never change about yourself?
6. What is one of your blogging pet peeves?
7. How would your best friend describe you (be honest!)
8. What are you currently binge-watching?
9. How would you survive a zombie apocalypse?
10. Where do you see yourself and your blog in a years’ time?
11. Marmite – love it or hate it?
I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it! Please do check out all the wonderful bloggers I have nominated, they’re all fantastic!