How To 'Think Happy'

How To Think Happy Banner.jpg

Positive thinking is a massive part of my personal well-being. I always find that if I am ‘thinking happy’, it really does improve my mood and lift my spirits. I’m not claiming to be any sort of agony aunt or life coach, but I like to think that these posts can help us all learn and guide each other to a happier mind-set.
And that is mainly what I want to talk about today. Happiness. It’s an emotion like no other that brings light into every day and is a key component to what we get out of life. It’s at the core our decision making processes and encourages us to make the most of every second. Here are some of the positive thoughts I think we all need to remember to combat negativity:

I will not compare to myself or my life to those of others

We all do it and it’s such an unhealthy way of thinking that social media sadly plays a big part in. We are all guilty of thinking ‘I wish I looked more like her, I wish I had that talent, I want to do what they do’. It’s so important to remember that people only share what they want you to see. People share the best versions of themselves and their lives and the grass isn’t always greener on the other side. be thankful for what you have and what you achieve. Focus on yourself and your goals and making the most of your life.

I can, not I can’t

Learn to believe in yourself. Putting yourself down and underestimating yourself is only going to increase the incapability of achieving whatever it is you are aiming for. As the saying goes, ‘she believed she could so she did’.

I am the only version of me there will ever be

We are all unique and we need to start celebrating it! So we need to remember that we only get one chance to live the fullest life. So sometimes it’s important to reassess and ask yourself where you want to be in 5 or 10 years. What do you want to have achieved in this time? What can you do to improve yourself and your relationships? Understanding what it is that you really want from life can make us more determined, stronger and resilient beings. All we can do is strive to be the very best versions of ourselves.
Be the best version of you. Think happy. Be happy.

1. August 8, 2017 / 10:04 pm

I loved the overall message and especially the approach you’ve taken in delivering it. It’s not uncommon for us the compare and more often than not we’re our own worst enemies/critic. You’ve shown a wise perspective and I think it reads great. Lovely post!
    Faye x

2. August 9, 2017 / 10:58 am

I think learning to love ourselves is so important, though it can be hard at times. x

3. August 9, 2017 / 1:59 pm

I’d love to have more positive thoughts too. I try, honestly! 😉 There are days though when it can be a bit difficult. Hopefully, I’ll remember your words 🙂

4. August 9, 2017 / 2:41 pm

I’m on this journey to achieve happiness and when I see posts like this all I see is fate. Thank you for this, I needed it😊

5. August 9, 2017 / 5:07 pm

i really loved reading this most importantly because it preaches the message of staying positive. Thank you for sharing!

6. August 9, 2017 / 5:49 pm

I love this, it’s so important to remember we are all on our own path and shouldn’t compare our lives with others

7. August 9, 2017 / 6:00 pm

Such a brilliant post, I totally agree with all of these. It’s about being the best version of us we can be rather than comparing ourselves to others.

8. August 10, 2017 / 10:21 am

This is my kind of post! There are too many unhappy people, if they only could accept their true selves. I think where everyone’s lives are on social media a lot of people automatically compare, sadly. x

9. August 10, 2017 / 11:44 am

Aw that is a lovely positive post. I love the idea of learning to believe in yourself. I massively struggle to believe in myself and I know that I can be very hard on me at all times which does nothing for my self esteem but I am working on it!

10. August 10, 2017 / 11:49 am

This is something I sometimes have to remind myself off! Thanks for sharing.
    Lea, xx

11. August 10, 2017 / 4:36 pm

Could of done with abit of happy thinking today trying to sort my blog out and fill in my social media?blog calendar out

• August 10, 2017 / 4:51 pm

Always a stressful job but I believe in you! Don’t forget to take breaks, hope it all goes well!

• August 10, 2017 / 5:22 pm

Think I’ve got it all sorted just need to schedule some post but might leave that until tomorrow

12. August 11, 2017 / 10:24 am

Love this, it’s so true there is only one of you and being happy with yourself is something important to strive for. Great post
    Laura x

13. August 11, 2017 / 10:58 am

Totally agree with this! When you smile the world smiles with you! My mummy needs to think herself more happy too!

14. August 11, 2017 / 3:55 pm

The comparison one is a big thing for me (I think I wrote about it once I’m not sure) but it’s definitely something we all need to stop doing! We don’t need to be doing what others are or be at the same stage in life etc, we just need to accept that what we are doing and where we are is right for us! Loved this post, thanks for sharing! B x

15. August 12, 2017 / 10:35 pm

This blog post gave me goosebumps. I really think this is so important! We as people can be so critical on ourselves. We can be our own worst nightmare sometimes with all the negativity. It is vital to be gentle to ourselves, then we are able to be more kinder to others. It is a domino effect 😊